What is the Traffic Education Program?
The Traffic Education Program, TEP, was established in South Carolina to educate the driver while giving him/her the opportunity to have eligible tickets dismissed and keep a clean driving record.
A driving record will be obtained by the TEP Director prior to orientation to assure no current points exist against the applicant.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicants may not have any outstanding points on their driving record
- The Ticket received must be a point violation
- The violation must be 4 points or less
- Applicants may only participate in the program once
- 4 hour Driving Education Course (Alive at 25)- Tuition for the class is $35.
- 10 hours of Community Service at a non-profit agency. Hours must be documented on the community service form provided to the applicant. The community service sheet can be faxed or mailed to the office.
- TWO separate money orders are required for the TWO fees:
- $140 TEP Application Fee
- $140 TEP Participation Fee