Parent / Guardian Or Additional Contact With Whom Your Case May Be Discussed:
Initial in each box below that you are aware of the fees associated with the diversion or intervention program in which you are applying for:
Pre-Trial Intervention Program (PTI) OR Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP):
Alcohol Education Program (AEP) OR Juvenile Pre-Trial Intervention Program (JPTI):
Traffic Education Program (TEP):
Drug Court Program (DCP) OR New Plan Intervention Program (NPI):
Diversion & Invervention Program Participation Agreement
By signing this contract, I agree to the following requirements:
- All fees must be paid before acceptance in the diversion or intervention program. These and all other fees are non-refundable.
- All requirements must be completed for me to successfully complete the program. This includes any fees, classes, drug screens, community service, restitution, or other requirements as deemed necessary.
- You must provide any change in contact information. This office always needs your current information to efficiently communicate with you while in the program.
- You agree your contact information and participation in the program can be shared with approved class providers.
Diversion and intervention programs are a second chance and a privilege. Failure to comply with the requirements listed above could result in termination from the program. Termination from the program will result in your case being returned to the court by which you were referred for prosecution. Successful completion of the program will result in your charge being dismissed. There are additional fees associated with the expungement process to remove these charges from your record.
To participate in the diversion or intervention program, I also agree to the following waivers and agreements:
- I waive my right to a speedy trial.
- I agree to the tolling of all periods of limitation established by statutes or rules of court; including those periods of limitation applicable to any and all motions that may be pending before court.
- I understand and agree that any records pertaining to participation in, or information obtained throughout are not admissible as evidence in subsequent proceedings, criminal or civil. Communication between the Fourth Circuit Solicitor's Office and defendants shall remain as privileged communication unless a court of competent jurisdiction determines that this is compelling public interest that such communication be revealed.
After completing and submitting your application, an informative confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided above. Confirm the email address is correct before submitting and be sure to check your spam/junk folder for the email confirmation. Do not submit the same application multiple times. We ask that you wait a minimum of 5 business days before calling to confirm receipt of the application, and only if an email confirmation has not been received.